5S & Visual Management (Online Class)
August 10 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
5s & Visual Management
Visual Management is the use of visual and other sensory communication and control tools in an operation or process to reduce waste. This workshop will provide an introduction to Visual Management and present many of its practical applications such as:
- Establishing a common communication “language” in a work area,
- Providing “at a glance” management of work area,
- Facilitating teamwork, dignity and self-esteem,
- Providing tools for the elimination of waste,
- Focusing the workgroup on:
- Urgent and important problems
- Goals and Objectives
- Continuous Improvement
5S is a technique that results in a workplace that is clean, uncluttered, safe and well organized. The 5S pillars, Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain, provide a methodology for organizing, cleaning, developing, and sustaining a productive work environment.
A 5S environment has “a place for everything and everything in its place,” with all office tools and materials ready where and when they are needed. Learn how 5S can help reduce waste and optimize productivity in any work environment.
Participants will also be able to discuss the main purpose of each “S” as well as any tool or methods used in each “S”. © The Quality Group.