Principles of Lean (Online Class)
July 15 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Introduction to Lean Principles
A lean facility produces just what is needed, when it is needed with no additional staff, costs or time. Waste is not easy to see, so it’s harder to find! Learn the skills necessary to apply Lean techniques to reduce waste and improve process efficiency. Gain a practical understanding of Lean continuous improvement techniques and how to reduce paperwork, errors, and processing time.
In this course participants will learn:
- How to start the Lean journey
- An introduction to initiatives like value stream mapping, Kaizen, standard work, continuous flow, and 5S.
- How mistake proofing can help your facility operate more efficiently.
Fees: Free to EV-HPEC member organizations; $125 per person for non-member organizations.
- Lane County Economic Development Department
- Lane Workforce Partnership
- LCC Business Development Center
- Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
Emerald Valley High Performance Enterprise Consortium (EV-HPEC) is a Lane County learning network increasing business competitiveness by sharing and applying lean principles, practices, and tools.
EV-HPEC supports organizations to:
- Instill learning in the principles of lean and high performance;
- Provide education and training for the implementation of lean methods, lean culture, and workforce development;
- Collaborate in solving common problems for improving lean practices;
- Promote continuous improvement and reduction of waste; and
- Promote the health and sustainability of member businesses.