- This event has passed.
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking – Online Class
November 19, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Improve your decision-making capabilities through critical thinking, structured reasoning, and creative problem analysis.
Effective decision makers are those rare individuals who are able to consistently identify and choose the best option among multiple alternatives. Their decisions are imaginative, reasoned, and defensible.In this course, you will be provided with the training and tools necessary to become an inventive, logical decision maker. You’ll explore a structured way to approach and dismantle problems, and you’ll learn to clarify problems in terms of objectives and issues, with a view toward optimum outcomes.
Applying the techniques of critical thinking allows you to dismantle complex problems and to understand the inputs and implications of your thought processes. This training allows you to develop positions on issues that are logical and explicable to others.
This Problem Solving and Critical Thinking workshop will touch upon:
- PDCA: What is PDCA? How to apply PDCA to problems in the workplace? Activity.
- A3 model: What is an A3? How to apply A3 to problems in the workplace? Activity.
Prerequisite: None, although this workshop is targeted towards individuals whose responsibilities include leading change within an organization and/or managing significant change projects.
What to Bring: Paper, pencil and a willingness to share how change is managed within your organization
Fees: Free to EV-HPEC member organizations; $125 per person for non-member organizations.
- Lane County Economic Development Department
- Lane Workforce Partnership
- LCC Business Development Center
- Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
Emerald Valley High Performance Enterprise Consortium (EV-HPEC) is a Lane County learning network increasing business competitiveness by sharing and applying lean principles, practices, and tools.
EV-HPEC supports organizations to:
- Instill learning in the principles of lean and high performance;
- Provide education and training for the implementation of lean methods, lean culture, and workforce development;
- Collaborate in solving common problems for improving lean practices;
- Promote continuous improvement and reduction of waste; and
- Promote the health and sustainability of member businesses.