- This event has passed.
Quick & Easy Kaizen (Online Class)
October 14 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Quick & Easy Kaizen – Online Class
Kaizen – “Kai” to change “Zen” for the good
Kaizen is a Japanese term for continuous improvement based on principles of doing things better and achieving higher standards. It is a process or methodology to do continuous incremental improvements that create more value with less waste. Continuous Improvement can often be done quickly and routinely to improve a workflow and value stream processes. This in turn creates reduced costs, improved performance, and superior competitiveness in the global marketplace. It embraces the philosophy that we are all problem solvers.
This Introduction to Quick and Easy Kaizen will touch upon:
- The Achievable Kaizen Process
- Defining the Present State
- Scoping a Continuous Improvement Opportunity (problem / issue) that could be easily addressed
- The value of data gathering and analysis
- Going to the Next Steps; Successful Models and Planning a Kaizen for your Enterprise
- Creating the Future State Definition
- Conducting a Kaizen Event
What to Bring: Paper, pencil and a willingness to share how change is managed within your organization
Fees: Free to EVLA member organizations; $125 per person for non-member organizations.
- Lane County Economic Development Department
- Lane Workforce Partnership
- LCC Business Development Center
- Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
Emerald Valley Lean Association (EVLA) is a Lane County learning network increasing business competitiveness by sharing and applying lean principles, practices, and tools.
EVLA supports organizations to:
- Instill learning in the principles of lean and high performance;
- Provide education and training for the implementation of lean methods, lean culture, and workforce development;
- Collaborate in solving common problems for improving lean practices;
- Promote continuous improvement and reduction of waste; and
- Promote the health and sustainability of member businesses.