May 10 @ 11:30 am - 4:30 pm
Standard work is the practice of setting, communicating, following, and improving standards. Establishing standard work begins with process operators creating, clarifying, and sharing information about the most efficient method to perform a task that is currently known with everyone performing that process.
Training Within Industry (TWI) is often called the “Roots of Lean”. It was created by the United States during World War II to address the need to quickly and effectively train thousands of industrial workers to support production for the war effort.
This Workshop will touch upon:
- Overview of what Standard Work is
- How does it help and the benefits?
- How do you implement it?
- Overview of TWI (Training Within Industry)
What to Bring: Paper, pencil and a willingness to share how change is managed within your organization
Fees: Free to EVLA member organizations; $125 per person for non-member organizations.
- Lane County Economic Development Department
- Lane Workforce Partnership
- Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
Emerald Valley Lean Association (EVLA) is a Lane County learning network increasing business competitiveness by sharing and applying lean principles, practices, and tools.
EVLA supports organizations to:
- Instill learning in the principles of lean and high performance;
- Provide education and training for the implementation of lean methods, lean culture, and workforce development;
- Collaborate in solving common problems for improving lean practices;
- Promote continuous improvement and reduction of waste; and
- Promote the health and sustainability of member businesses.