- This event has passed.
Process Mapping (Online Class)
March 4 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Value Stream Mapping
All products, whether they be tangible goods – or services- or information, have Inputs, a Transformational Process, and Outputs. Along the Transformational Process are “value added” and “non-value” added activities. The value stream consists of all the activities required to generate a product or service from start to finish.
In this workshop we will learn to map the value stream and use the tool to create improvements, reduce inefficiencies, and reduce the cost of the value stream. Often this is referred to as reducing wastes.
Process Mapping is a paper and pencil tool that helps you to see and understand the flow of material and information as a product or service makes its way through the value stream. Participants will learn the techniques associated with developing graphical value stream maps (current and future state).
Fees: Free to EV-HPEC member organizations; $125 per person for non-member organizations.
- Lane County Economic Development Department
- Lane Workforce Partnership
- LCC Business Development Center
- Eugene Area Chamber of Commerce
Emerald Valley High Performance Enterprise Consortium (EV-HPEC) is a Lane County learning network increasing business competitiveness by sharing and applying lean principles, practices, and tools.
EV-HPEC supports organizations to:
- Instill learning in the principles of lean and high performance;
- Provide education and training for the implementation of lean methods, lean culture, and workforce development;
- Collaborate in solving common problems for improving lean practices;
- Promote continuous improvement and reduction of waste; and
- Promote the health and sustainability of member businesses.